Congrats, grads! Four crazy years -- you made it! But... you're still woefully ignorant when it comes to real life, which can mean only one thing... twenty minutes of clichéd advice from a sweaty celebrity! In this episode, Teddy and his mother Cheri put their mortarboards together and rank the top seven commencement speeches ever delivered -- profound remarks from such intellectual giants as Kurt Vonnegut, David Foster Wallace, J.K. Rowling, and also most members of Teddy and Cheri's extended family.
***P.S. Don't forget -- it's Two Roads Month, a month-long on-air celebration of Teddy’s new YA novel, Two Roads From Here, out from Simon & Schuster this June 20th. Order your copy now!
7. Fred Rogers to Dartmouth, 2002
6. Kurt Vonnegut to Hobart & William Smith Colleges, 1974
5. Winston Churchill to Harrow School, 1941, and Bradley Whitford to Wisconsin, 2006
4. John F. Kennedy to American University, 1963
3. Team Steinkellner
2. Amy Poehler to Harvard, 2011
1. Steve Jobs to Stanford, 2005